Thursday, September 4, 2008

Recently Read

I found my new favourite Austen! I so empathise with her main character, Anne Elliot, in Persuasion that I absolutely devoured this book whilst on the Tube this week.

The first (and last) time I rented the film adaptation, I fell asleep. Maybe I'll give it another try?

I've taken down a page-full of quotes from this novel (go ahead and judge me), but here's just one:
“‘Surely, if there be constant attachment on each side, our hearts must understand each other ere long. We are not boy and girl, to be captiously irritable, misled by every moment’s inadvertence, and wantonly playing with our own happiness.’” --Anne Elliot

My next book will not be from the ChickLit genre so as to set my feet back on the ground & give my mind a good cleansing : )

No comments: