Friday, November 21, 2008

White Collar, Working-Class Woes: A Quarter-hour in the Life

Today was one of those days. I was supposed to send an anonymous CV from our recruitment office to a client. I took painstaking care to remove the candidate's name from the Word document and the body of the email. I proofread and re-read everything twice and clicked 'send'.

A few minutes after the email hit the recipient's inbox. I checked my sent mail to find...the candidate's name gracing the email's subject line.

With unsteady hands, I phoned my boss' mobile. he roared with laughter at the ridiculousness of sending an anonymous CV with the name in the subject line - he didn't care much about this particular case.
*sigh of relief*

And I have an unclassy run in my black stockings that kept growing progressively larger throughout the day.

No comments: