Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday

This past Sunday, I started wandering up the street. I found a catholic mass in session, but the parishoners crowded the building so much that they were seated to the end of the curb. I came in time to do the whole 'shake hands with your neighbor' and I awkwardly walked off.

I continued down the road until I saw a police officer.
"Do you know where a church is?" I asked.
"What kind?" he returned.
"Any." I replied.
"Let me walk with you." he said.

We walked up to what turned out to be an Anglican church. I was squeezed into a wooden pew between a young girl and a man. I loved the service, it was like jumping into the Nile on a hot day. They sang both traditional hymns and contemporary songs like "Everyday." I knew 99% of the words. Then, the sermon was delivered by a visiting evangelical pastor on Joseph & his brothers re: repentance.

And I saw Justice Kirabwire there!

No comments: