Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Love Actually

I saw this film for the first time this week. Everyone has told me that I would love it--and I really do.

I feel connected to this movie, perhaps because it's very British (obviously). It was much better that I saw it here; after living in London for a month, I could pick out all the little things that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. For example:

-Not knowing anything about the plot of the movie, I immediately knew that Hugh Grant was the Prime Minister just because he walked into 10 Downing Street. I screamed when he was greeted with "Hello, Mr. Prime Minister."

-I identified the biscuits that the PM was served: Digestives.

-I identified a few landmarks: the river Thames, the Gerkin, Big Ben, etc.

-Loved the Irish accent of the father character.

-Was amused by the anti-American slant: poor character of the US president & the way American girls were portrayed

-Agreed with one British character that he just had to open his mouth & be well received in the US because of his accent : )

This makes me want to stay and be British.

5 comments:

Trihardist said...

I love Digestives! Delicious and nutritious. And full of fiber (yay regularity)!

rcl said...

You know about Digestives?! Are they in the States?

Unknown said...

Mmm digestives are good. Erm, I used to buy M&S brand ones. With chocolate. Haha.

Someone asked me if I was from England yesterday and that made me happy. :)

Unknown said...

hey u Did get to go to hillsong! yay. Yes, Digestives are in the states. I got your postcard! I miss u!

d

rcl said...

Yeah! I posted the Hillsong entry for you, Dolce : )

Miss you too!